Chronic pain is a condition where a person is living in pain for a prolonged period of time. The pain can be caused by an injury, health condition or no identifiable cause.
Some of the most common symptoms of chronic pain are:
- Pain lasting for over 3 months
- Pain to a part of the body that lasts longer than an injury should take to heal
- Persistent pain that can be described as mild or beyond
- Feelings of burning, aching, tingling, pins and needles or shooting
- The feeling of not being able to get comfortable
These symptoms can lead to other complications that include:
- Difficulty sleeping or insomnia (painsomnia)
- Constant fatigue
- Low immunity or frequent colds/flu
- Depression, irritability or anxiety.
If you identify with any of these symptoms, please read this article on how to thrive while living with chronic pain HERE.
If you liked this article, please share it with your friends and family. For more articles please click HERE.